More On Article
- HEAS Member interviewed for Austria Innovativ Magazine
- HEAS Member Immo Trinks featured in Wired Magazine
- HEAS Member Gerhard Weber interviewed for Spektrum on Homo Naledi Cave
- Impact of prolonged heating on the color and crystallinity of bone.
- Impact of a recent wildfire on tortoises at Cape Point, South Africa, and implications for the interpretation of heated bones in the archaeological record
S* is a widely used statistic for detecting archaic admixture from population genetic data. Previous studies used freezing-archer to apply S*, which is only directly applicable to the specific case of Neanderthal and Denisovan introgression in Papuans. Here, we implemented sstar for a more general purpose. Compared with several tools, including SPrime, SkovHMM, and ArchaicSeeker2.0, for detecting introgressed fragments with simulations, our results suggest that sstar is robust to differences in demographic models, including ghost introgression and two-source introgression. We believe sstar will be a useful tool for detecting introgressed fragments in various scenarios and in non-human species.